Thursday, July 8, 2010

Introducing The Devil's Almanac


Good evening friends,

In great appreciation of the loyal readership you have shown through my other efforts to document thoughts and vision passing through my mind; RainingHorse and HumbleServant; I now ask you to consider these more formal musings on the state of politics, nature, the arts, science, literature and humor in this new offering: The Devil's Almanac.

I begin with notes on the news from today:

Tea Party Candidates are sliding toward the center. Who would have thunk?

There really is no need for you to back up your convictions from one day to the next. This world we live in today is not built on principles - quite the contrary. It is a multifaceted complex organizational structure intended to baffle and confuse those simple-minded beings commonly referred to as Human - specifically American.

I revel in the skill by which I have built my media empire to showcase flashy graphics and colorful, well-made-up media stars that serve to mask the empty drivel pouring forth in HD on all channels, be they major network, cable or PBS.

It is all so fun, so glamorous, so easy. Smoke and mirrors gets the job done. The temperature keeps rising and no one knows WHY!

Here at home I feel quite comfortable. I just finished my second glass of red wine. I bought it on sale at a cost lower than what it took to ship it from Italy. Ah the good life!

Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment